Pages

Wednesday 10 September 2014

A little bit of Music

Good Afternoon Everyone I hope you are well and enjoying the lovely warm weather we are currently blessed with.
Have you ever been asked to make a card where you thought you did not have the correct stamp to complete it?  Well I have and I thought I would share with you how I got around this 


The theme for this card was to be music but I did not have any music stamps, or so I thought, looking through all of the stamps that I have I found the music notes this gave me the basis to work form and really if you don't have a music note stamp they are quite easy to draw.  

So to make the card I matted some white spotty paper onto black card, the size of the card is 8" x 8"
I then cut 3 strips of black spotty paper and made them into banners which in turn were matted onto black card.  Next I took a white piece of card and stamped a swirly pattern onto it, then I used the little musical note stamps to fill in the gaps, this was matted onto black card.  I stamped happy birthday onto white card which was then matted onto black card and glued centrally under the patterned panel I had created.

I then stamped the hearts onto white card, used an alphabet stamp set to spell out the word music and cut each one out and again matted them onto black card, I put foam pads on the back of each one to get some dimension and placed them centrally on the patterned panel.

To finish off the card I added a small black button to each of the banners and some black gems in the corners and underneath the happy birthday sentiment.

I hope you like my latest post and if you would like to leave me a comment you would be more than welcome :) 

have a lovely day everyone 

xxx

4 comments: