Pages

Monday 22 September 2014

A Little Bit of Southern Comfort

Hi there everyone, hope you are all well today

Today's post is all about the Southern Comfort Set from Dragon's Lair Designs

So for this one I decided to do a scrapbook layout dedicated to my wonderful Scottish Terrier Dougal whom I lost to ill health last year and I hope you will agree a very fitting tribute to him.

I started off by printing off all of my elements to create my design


My scrapbook page is 8" x 8" in size and I started off by distressing the edges of the paper with Vintage Photo Distress Ink and matting it onto Brown Card

Next I fussy cut out all of the elements out and inked the edges of them with the Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

I then cut my frame out and attached my photo behind, adding some foam pads to give some dimension 


Once I had my frame in place, I added the fan to the side and then added the lace clusters underneath again raising them up on foam pads to get a bit of dimension.  I added the big bow which again I just had to give some dimension to with foam pads


Finally (almost) I added some of the Southern Comfort Paper Flowers beneath the bow and to the side of the frame finishing the whole thing off by adding some pearl gems


I love this set and hope that you do too, it really is so versatile and very easy to use and has certainly helped me make a lovely scrapbook layout that I will treasure.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post and please do feel free to leave me a comment 

Best wishes 
Vanessa 
xxx

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, love the papers and a beautiful photograph too. I am a new follower.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    I have blog candy if you are interested.
    http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for the lovely comments and I will definitely be taking a look at your blog too xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful layout!! What a wonderful way to remember your pet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments, they are appreciated xx

      Delete
  3. A fab layout. A lovely way to keep memories x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comments, and I have to say I do agree with you xx

      Delete